2019 Chris Keegan Conference Scholarship
Never been to the Association of Surgical Technologists’ Educators Conference? The Chris Keegan Scholarship provides $1,100 toward the expenses of attending AST’s Educators Conference in Phoenix, February 7-9, 2019.
- Educator must be a member of the Association of Surgical Technologists and certified by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting.
- Educator must be a current employee of an accredited program in surgical technology or surgical assistant.
- Educator must NOT have attended an AST Educators Conference/Instructors Forum in the past.
Candidates may nominate themselves or be nominated by a peer (educator, school administrator, etc.) Either the candidate, or the educator who nominated the candidate, is responsible for completing the form below and providing the documentation requested. Incomplete packets will not be considered. The submission deadline is December 1, 2018.
Self-nominated candidates must write a 500-word essay explaining why he/she would benefit from attending and provide one letter of recommendation from a peer (educator, school administrator, not necessarily from your institution). Peer-nominated candidates must submit two letters of recommendation from a peer educator or school administrator (not necessarily from your institution) with the application.
Nominees are encouraged to solicit a maximum of two student comments which can be uploaded as part of the application packet.
This checklist will help you gather everything you need before starting the online application
- Nominee’s name, title, credentials, address, phone number, email and school name*
- AST Member ID and NBSTSA Certification Number*
- Current curriculum vitae*
- List of AST State Assembly involvement (offices held, attendance at meetings, presentations given, etc.)*
- 500-word nomination essay*
- Letter(s) of recommendation*
*Indicates required material.
I would like to nominate the following educator for the 2019 Chris Keegan Scholarship. By submitting this nomination form, I affirm that the nominee has never attended an AST Educators Conference/Instructor’s Forum in the past.