The Foundation for Surgical Technology is proud to introduce the AST Constellation Awards. This new program recognizes the profession's hard-working surgical technology educators at three different career levels: early, mid-level and veteran.
Educators nurture our techs-to-be and mentor practitioners. It is a difficult step to move outside the OR and into the classroom. The Foundation hopes that these recognized professionals will share their successes, provide insights on avoiding pitfalls and offer encouragement to other CSTs who are considering making the leap to academia.
Educators can qualify in three categories. One recipient will be selected at each level.
RISING STARS - Educators with 1-5 years of teaching experience
SHINING STARS - Educators with 6-14 years of teaching experience
GUIDING STARS - Educators with 15 or more years of teaching experience
Each award, valued at $1,000, will include a registration for the AST Educators Conference in February and monetary support. Applications are due December 1.
THE NECESSARY DETAILS
Applicants for this scholarship must:
- AST membership is required.
- Nominees can be self-nominated or nominated by a peer. All nominees must complete the questions below.
- Please submit two letters of recommendation. One must be from your program director or supervisor. Another could be submitted by a colleague, dean or another surgical technology educator. You must be employed by a CAAHEP-accredited institution.
- Please attach a current CV.
- The Foundation recognizes that there may be some gaps in an educator's career. Be sure to identify the reasons for any gaps in your teaching work in the appropriate space below.
- If you received an Educator Award within the last five years, your application will not be considered.
CONSTELLATION AWARDS APPLICATION